"Livade/Levade, white truffle city" Livade by JLBG

Livade Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 52 photos

Livade is a very small city in the plain of the Mirna river valley. It is 1 km north from the main road from Buje to Buzet while Motovun is 2 km south. Since year 2000, the company "Livade tartufi d.o.o;" has organized truffle days every week-end of October.

For more details, look at Truffle days

Livade is now well known for its truffle days that draw visitors from all over Europe. The white truffle exhibition and competition is held in the white tent shown on this picture.

The best truffles on exhibition are valuated and rewarded by experts. On the other side of the street is held an exhibition of other agricultural products of Istria, including the famous Istrian ham, Istria produced wines and agricultural material.
And in the mean time, Boris (VT Croisbeauty) is taking pictures ! For more on our mini VT meeting look at my travelogue Livade VT meeting

• Last visit to Livade: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 26, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for an interesting page on Truffles! Now I know a lot more about them!

• Aug 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Great picture of Livade at the begin!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 3:09 AM

Fascinating travelogues and tips! This has got to be the ultimate truffle page, with great explanations. I especially liked the Local Customs tips about searching for truffles in the woods. Good thing those dogs can understand the Istriot dialect, LOL.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 11:53 AM

I found your explanations about the white truffles very interesting Jean-Louis. Alas I have not had the opportunity or pleasure to taste these special delicacies. Perhaps one day.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 11:18 AM

I almost feel that fragrance of white truffles reading this page... I didn't know fritajas with truffles...

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 3:29 PM

Le juré, on le voit bien, est partial : sa narine gauche est faussee !!! Attention : "deception" = trahison !!!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 1:59 AM

Great aromatic page, Jean-Louis! Memories of our meeting and that fritaja with truffles - mmmm.... I'm contemplating some abracadabra with oysters and truffles from Livade for our New Year's Eve dinner.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2004 at 6:04 PM

Quite an amazing page Jean-Louis!! I have heard a lot about truffles but have never even seen one, let alone smell, touch or taste one!! This was very educational for me!! Thank you.

JLBG