"Paz in Istria" Paz by JLBG

Paz Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos

Paz is a very small village of Istria with only 99 inhabitants. I wrote it was 19 km from Pazin, at 120 m elevation. Thanks to Istrijan70, who was born in Paz and who wrote me it was only 16 km. I have checked on my "Autokarte Istre" (Trgo-Jež, 2004) and it says 17 km! I suppose it depends of what part of Pazin we are talking of : entrance of the city or city center! Let us say it is not less than 16 but well under 17 km!

It is one of those Istrian villages set up high in the mountain (the sea is not far, thus 120 m IS a high elevation). From the valley, it outlines itself on the sky.

It is on the road from Cerovlje to Vranja via Boljunsko Polje, a road with many beautiful landscapes.

Another interesting village (where we have not been this time, lacking time) is Boljun, another village set up high in the mountain, at 110 m, with 84 inhabitants. It is 2.2 km from Paz, as the crow flies, but it is approximatly a 5.5 km drive.

• Last visit to Paz: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 15, 2006

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Nothing wrong with stopping in small quiet villages like Paz, especially when they are situated atop a peak!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 3:09 PM

Yes, that poor little girl does not seem very enthusiastic about going to school. Her mother is holding onto her arm and seems to be pushing her. But at least she's not pulling the girl by her ear, LOL.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 11:33 AM

Nice, little page on next off the beaten path village! No stone left untouched in Istria by JLBG :-)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 12:15 PM

Nice page - I'd like to start visiting more small towns when I travel, instead of only the big cities.

• nandywell's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 12:57 PM

Great warning sign lol

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 11:33 PM

Looks like a nice place to visit!

JLBG