"Pazin" Top 5 Page for this destination Pazin by JLBG
Pazin Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 65 photos
Pazin is a small industrial town of the center of Istria.
It has a castle (kastel) built around 1540 on the remains of an older one from the 10th century. The river Pazincica disappear in a chasm and form three lakes underneath the town. The Caves of Pazin (Pazinska jama) have given to french writer Jules Verne the idea, in his novel 'Mathias Sandorf', to have his heroe, a magyar rebel, escape to his persuers into the chasm and go out in the fjord of Lim !
Saint Nicolas church has a fine campanile.
The third bas-relief also is conventional and represents a cardinal's coat of arm with in the bottom what looks like a... more travel advice
Outside the south wall of Sveti Nikole, three bas-reliefs. This one depicts a frightening angel ready for fight. Would... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Pazin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pazin - Now I finally feel I'm in Croatia"
- "moments in Pazin"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pazin
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Pazin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pazin
Photos in PazinSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos