"Pula, second to Rome for its arena !" Top 5 Page for this destination Pula by JLBG
Pula Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 1,230 photos
Pula has a very unique characteristics : the cover of the sewer man-holes are made of gold. Not pure gold, of course, as it would not have the mechanical properties required. It is made of plated gold. You think I am kidding ? Look at the picture, isn’t that gold ? Oh, I am sorry, I took only this close up which might induce there is only one of such covers (in fact, I have discovered that I had a picture where you can see some of them. It is the first picture under "local customs"). It is true that this is not like that in the whole town. Actually, there are about two dozens of this type of plates, mainly in two streets close to the market.
Who has said this is not gold but brass ? May be you are right, after all, but anyway, I prefer my dream to the hard facts and to remember of Pula’s golden plated sewers!
It would not have been reasonable to build a Pula page without its arena. Then, here it is !
Pula is second to Rome for its arena !
I will put more details later on the arena, but it is one the the largest of the (Roman) world and one of the best kept.
Pula is the currency of Botswana. The photo represents a 5 pula coin issued for the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Haha, not... more travel advice
On this drawing of the Pješčana Uvala community, the blue arrow shows where is Valsabbion Restaurant. For more... more travel advice
- See All Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!
- See All Cash !
- See All Close-up on Our Lady of the Sea church
- See All Efficient guys !
JLBG's Related Pages
Pula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pula, second to Rome for its arena !"
- "PULA - the place where I was grown-up"
- "City is Older Than Dirt"
- "Pula my home town"
- "Pula Has a Lot to Offer"
- "A Nice Town..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pula
- Hotels in Pula
- Transportation in Pula
- Nightlife in Pula
- Restaurants in Pula
- Shopping in Pula
- Warnings and Dangers in Pula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pula
- 116 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Pula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pula
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos