"Short visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Rijeka by JLBG

Rijeka Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 556 photos

This page shows only a very little part of Rijeka. The pictures were taken on the occasion of a half day trip to Rijeka while on vacations in Vrsar, in order to buy CDs of Croat artists. There was not more than half an hour dedicated to visit the city ! Next time, I will visit Rijeka more completely and I will complete this page. I might also add dias previously shot.

This picture, taken from the parking lot in the delta, shows the Mrtvi Kanal. In the background, the newest part of the town. The Korzo is on the left (outside of the picture)

• Last visit to Rijeka: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2008

• picek's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2011 at 7:16 AM

I find the Rijeka's 'skyscrapers' (and industry) equally impressive. Imagine those living in the highest flats what view they acquire over entire gulf. All built at strange sites scattetred around the hills, whipped by 'bura' in winter..

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 10:48 AM

The Korzo is certainly THE happening place in Rijeka. Some beautiful buildings here.

• Jan 24, 2009 at 5:02 PM

i like this clock: Gradski toranj, close-up on the Habsburg eagle

• AUSSIECRO's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2008 at 7:40 AM

To all visiting Rijeka 2008 there is free parking on Car park DELTA,near hotel CONTINENTAL saturday afternoons and all day sunday please check the signs ,plenty parking spaces ,never seen a city with some much cars in one area ,,

• Bunsch's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Apparently, this is my ancestral home. I have unfortunately never been to Croatia, but that is a situation I will remedy when I can. Meanwhile, thanks for the pix.

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 7:34 PM

The computer got confused, the comment was meant to be from Rusket, not Backpackermoose ;-)

• Backpackermoose's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 7:32 PM

I have been in Rijeka several times, but my pictures are few, on paper and of poor quality. Nice to see yours, eagerly waiting for more! Greetings from Norway, wish you all the best for 2006.

• Aug 25, 2005 at 8:58 PM

i hope to visit here next time im in croatia. i love the architecture left my the austrians. another great page showing croatia jean-louis!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 9:53 PM

I just caught the ferry here. It seems I missed some interesting architecture.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 3:18 PM

Great pictures and good info. I can say that Rijeka has a lot of pros (eating, architecture, meeting people, events) and cons as well (parking, crowds, some beaches).

JLBG