"Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina" Mostar by JLBG
Mostar Travel Guide: 705 reviews and 1,949 photos
We had never been to Mostar yet, then on our way back home from Albania, we had decided to visit it as a side trip. Mostar is only 110 km from Dubrovnik and 40 km from Neum, the Bosnian city on the coast. This is why that was only a short visit and we have to come back another time, on the occasion of a visit of Bosnia.
We arrived on June 1st at the end of the afternoon and left at 11 AM next morning as we wanted to be towards Rijeka (about 600 km) in the evening.
Everybody knows the name of Mostar. Before 1990, in what was then Yugoslavia, Mostar was one of the tourists’ leading destinations. During the 90’s war, Mostar sadly got another recognition as one of the places, among too many others, where the fights were merciless. The bombing of the old bridge that had given its name to the city was the most striking event.
This period is gladly over.
Minds have been pacified.
Most buildings and the old bridge have been rebuilt.
That might have occurred anywhere else.
That can occur somewhere else.
That must not occur again anywhere!
Restoran Europa is nicely arranged and had a nice menu but unfortunately, they would not accept our little dog and we... more travel advice
Oscar Pansion (ten meters behind Motel Kriva Cuprija) was our second choice. We had read that « rooms are very clean,... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Mostar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mostar again"
- "Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "The heart of Herzegovina"
- "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- "Healing in Mostar"
- "Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina"
- "Ancient Mostar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mostar
- Hotels in Mostar
- Transportation in Mostar
- Nightlife in Mostar
- Restaurants in Mostar
- Shopping in Mostar
- Warnings and Dangers in Mostar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mostar
- 24 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (225)
Have you been to Mostar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mostar
Photos in MostarSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos