"Four days in the Langhe" Top 5 Page for this destination Alba by JLBG
Alba Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 132 photos
Alba is a city of 30,000 inhabitants, the second in the province of Cuneo and the first of the Langhe region. The name of Alba is so much linked to 'white truffle' (Tuber magnatum Pico) that it is currently called Alba's truffle and until recently, it was considered that it was found only around Alba. This is not true and the white truffle is found in various parts of Italy, in Istria (Croatia and Slovenia) and even in Hungary. In 2004, we went to Livade, in Croatia to taste the Croatian white truffle. Guess why we went in 2005 to Alba ! You will find more on the white truffle on my Livade page.
We stayed 4 days in the Langhe (Alba’s region), based in Barbaresco and visited the Langhe and Roero. I will soon build pages on Barbaresco, Neive, Asti, Guarene and Bra.
Alba uses the white truffle as a booster for its economy and organizes every week-end from mid September to mid November the Truffle fair. Around the truffle, there is wine tasting and several cultural events that bring a lot of visitors into the city.
On Piazza Savone, this strange booth looks more or less like an old locomotive trailing a small train. The second photos... more travel advice
The shop of Ettore Forte, at the crossing between Via Pierino Belli and Vicolo del Pozzo sells too fresh and preserved... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Alba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Four days in the Langhe"
- "Vini, tartufo e tajarin....."
- "Day Trip to Alba"
- "In the heart of Langhe"
- "Wines and truffles: Langhe and Roero hill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alba
- Hotels in Alba
- Transportation in Alba
- Restaurants in Alba
- Shopping in Alba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alba
- 47 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (224)
Have you been to Alba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos