Lago di Garda Off The Beaten Path Tips by JLBG Top 5 Page for this destination
Lago di Garda Off The Beaten Path: 30 reviews and 38 photos
This close up allows to better understand how these metal parts have been used. On the left an axe, several unidentified thin steel plates, a door hinge. On the right, an endless screw, may be from a farm engine and on the far right a steel rod from some other farm engine.
In the garden of the "Alla Rotonda" restaurant, an amazing statue of Atlas bearing the world, made entirely with iron car parts and other metal parts (garden tools) that have been arranged and welded together.
The date written on this sundial, on the face of the "Buon ricordo" restaurant, MCDLII, means1452 : M for 1000, C for 100, D for 500. As C is written at the left of D, that means 500 minus 100. And finally D for 50 and II for 2. Does that mean that it was built in 1452 ? I do not think so and the date must commemorate something special for the city. I will try to find out.
More Reviews (28)
JLBG's Related Pages
Lago di Garda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lago di Garda"
- "LAGO DI GARDA"
- "A Mediterranean microclimate"
- "Welcome to Lago Land"
- "Lake Garda"
- "GARDALAND - FUN FOR YOUNG AND ... EVERYONE !"
- "Italy's largest and nicest lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago di Garda
- Hotels in Lago di Garda
- Transportation in Lago di Garda
- Nightlife in Lago di Garda
- Restaurants in Lago di Garda
- Shopping in Lago di Garda
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago di Garda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Doonella Lake Hotels
- Mortola Inferiore Hotels
- San Nicolas Hotels
- South San Francisco Hotels
- Le Bugue
- Osage Beach
- Skala Potamias
- Porec Off The Beaten Path
- Sonoma Off The Beaten Path
- Rapperswil Off The Beaten Path
- Runcorn Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Dumaguete City Off The Beaten Path
- Aix-en-Provence Off The Beaten Path
- Villages and Farms
- Ayr Off The Beaten Path
- South America Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path
- Sanibel Island Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Lago di Garda
- 31 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Lago di Garda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Garda
- Posted in Travel Bulgaria Forum "Re: Vacations for locals ?"
- Commented on one of ANNAD's Lago di Garda travel pages
- Wrote a Review Limone sul Garda, another church about Limone sul Garda in Lago di Garda Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Limone sul Garda, another church"
- updated a Lago di Garda Travel Page "A Mediterranean microclimate"
Photos in Lago di GardaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Lago di Garda hotel reviews
- Club da Baia Boutique Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Gardaland- 16 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Malcesine- 14 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Sirmione- 14 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Peschiera- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Monte Baldo- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Limone sul Garda- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Lazise- 9 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Torri del Benaco- 13 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Salo- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Garda- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Lago di Garda Things to Do