Susa Local Custom Tips by JLBG
Susa Local Customs: 2 reviews and 2 photos
As in the whole Alpine bow, water is abundant. In Susa, you will find, scattered in various places of the city, brass fountains that deliver a good quality water, perfectly suitable for drinking. They seem to have been set at the turn of the 20th century or end of the 19th.
The tradition of beer is ancient in northern Italy. Anton Dreher, from Vienna founded in 1869 in Trieste a brewery bearing its name. In 1928, it was bought by the brothers Luciani who had a brewery in Padevana. Finally, in 1974, the group Birra Dreher was sold to the Nederland based multinational Heineken.
I had never tasted Dreher beer, a light blond beer, 4.7% alcohol. I found it good but not outstanding
More Reviews (50)
JLBG's Related Pages
Susa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unavoidable between Savoy and Piedmont"
- "Susa - Attractive Roman mountain town"
- "One day in Italy."
- "Coming soon..."Susa, little gem in the mountains""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Susa
- Hotels in Susa
- Transportation in Susa
- Restaurants in Susa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Susa
- 52 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Susa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Susa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos