"Island of Djerba" Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba by JLBG
Ile de Jerba Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 753 photos
Houmt Souk is the capital of Djerba island. It is a quiet little town, very touristy.
For us, it was the beginning of our round trip in southern Tunisia, at the edges of the Sahara desert and mostly in the desert. This route provides a taste of Sahara to those that have never visited this wonderful part of the world.
We flied from Lyon to Djerba. At the airport, we found our rented car. Every evening, the hotel was booked for us in the next town, with breakfast in the morning. For everything else, we were on our own, free to visit what we wanted, free to taste any restaurant (sometimes I should say eating place !) that we wanted. Djerba, Gabès, Tamerza, Tozeur (2 nights), Douz and Djerba again.
If you are lucky, you can have gorgeous sunsets in Djerba, especially when you are in the north of the island. I like very much this one !
I have added some older photos from previous travels, mainly in 1975 and 1988. This one shows a herd of sheeps grazing along the sea in the south of Djerba !
This photography shows how the mendzel (houses) in Djerba are enclosed. They build a 20-30 cm high wall with... more travel advice
On the ferry from Djorf to Adjim a group of women clad in entirely white djellaba are sitting on the deck and hide... more travel advice
- See All Darboukha
- See All Djerba's best campground
- See All More clothes hanged for sale
- See All Running water ? No, walking water !
JLBG's Related Pages
Ile de Jerba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island of Djerba"
- "Djerba adventure"
- "Djerba - The Enchanted Island"
- "Djerba Island"
- "Djerba - Isle of Forgetfulness"
- "Island of the Lotus Eaters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ile de Jerba
- Hotels in Ile de Jerba
- Transportation in Ile de Jerba
- Nightlife in Ile de Jerba
- Restaurants in Ile de Jerba
- Shopping in Ile de Jerba
- Warnings and Dangers in Ile de Jerba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ile de Jerba
- 73 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (224)
Have you been to Ile de Jerba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ile de Jerba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos