Gabes Off The Beaten Path Tips by JLBG
Gabes Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
The nets are ready for fishing. The Gabes Gulf is never very deep and fishermen can put their nets even from small boats ; they do not need big nets, even these small one will hang from the surface of the see to the bottom and allow a good crop !
Gargoulettes are used to fish octopus. The gargoulettes are deposited in the sea in the evening. Octopus hide in it and the gargoulettes are collected in the morning, with the octopus. On all the Tunisian coast, octopus are widly used. They are beaten to make them more tender and dried in the open, hanged on wires.
In the fishermen port, fisher's boats are awaiting for next sailing. The Gabès gulf is rich in fishes and fishermen do not have to sail a long way. Generally, they go very early in the morning and come back in the middle of the morning in order to sell their fishes at the market. Gabès is one of the main fishing ports in Tunisia.
More Reviews (5)
JLBG's Related Pages
Gabes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The greatest seaside oasis"
- "An Oasis in the Desert"
- "An ancient oasis in decline"
- "city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gabes
- Hotels in Gabes
- Transportation in Gabes
- Restaurants in Gabes
- Shopping in Gabes
- Warnings and Dangers in Gabes
- See All...
Explore the World
- Anuradhapura Hotels
- Corpus Christi
- Cimahi Hotels
- Rooster Rock State Park Hotels
- City of Manila Hotels
- Half Moon Bay
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Gabes
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Gabes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gabes
Photos in GabesSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Gabes hotel reviews
- Hotel Oasis
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013