"Gabes" Gabes by JLBG

Gabes Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 25 photos

Gabes is a large oasis town of southern Tunisia, in front of Djerba island. The palm grove has shrinked because of the extension of the town but nevertheless is worth a visit for those who had never the opportunity to visit a palm grove. If you go deeper in the desert, you will find more interesting one, don't waste your time

• Last visit to Gabes: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated May 18, 2004

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2009 at 6:05 AM

How interesting that you collect school warning signs. I guess they are quite self-explanatory, no matter where they come from. Interesting tip regarding the octopus-fishing.

• Dec 14, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Another interesting tips! Tunisia is in my travel plans also near to my country.

• Jun 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Interesting stuff. Who knew that such wonderful information could be found in such ordinary things. Thanks for sharing, dude.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Likable page of Gabes.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 6:02 AM

Gabes is indeed a lovely little fishing village.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Hi Jean-Louis, I need to get my scanner going again. I visited before Digital cameras were sold! All the best!

• hunday45's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 2:17 AM

Wonderful page, indeed. Reminds me on my October,s trip to Tunisia.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 8:05 AM

Very good page. I don't remember this sailboat in your intro picture but I remember very well the fishermen port and gargoullettes (athough, silly me, I didn't know that name :-).

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 6:27 PM

An hotel called "sun" in Tunisia? Oh my, I do prefer one called "sahdow"!!! ;-)

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 3:00 AM

what about seafood, do they make it in the same way as in the European part of Mediterranean?

JLBG