Qasr Ghilan Packing List Tips by JLBG
Qasr Ghilan What to Pack: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Miscellaneous: The local way of keeping water is in a “guerba”. It is a goat skin that’s has been sewed and made tight with vegetal gum. The skin let some water permeates, which evaporates and cools the content. Thus the water of the guerba is always cool but taste like goat but who cares !
Miscellaneous: In the desert, water is an absolute need. Depending of the temperature, the wind, etc… each person needs from 6 to 8 liters of water. It is always safer to have a lot more water than what is reasonably needed. We had two 13 liters jerricans set in the front of the car and a 100 liters supple tank inside. That allowed to give water to those who needed it.
More Reviews (37)
JLBG's Related Pages
Qasr Ghilan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ksar Ghilane, the Grand Erg Oriental ."
- "A real Oasis in the desert."
- "Ksar Ghilane - Oasis in the Desert"
- "Qasr Ghilan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qasr Ghilan
- Hotels in Qasr Ghilan
- Transportation in Qasr Ghilan
- Restaurants in Qasr Ghilan
- Shopping in Qasr Ghilan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qasr Ghilan
- 39 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Qasr Ghilan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qasr Ghilan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos