"Chenini, Douirat and Ksar Ouled Debbab" Shanini by JLBG
Shanini Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 93 photos
The Dahar plateau is the westernmost tip of the Atlas range. While the Atlas crosses the whole northern Africa from west to east, the Dahar plateau ranges north-south. This is a semi-desertic region where several Berber villages are clutched to the slopes of the mountain.
Ksar Ouled Debbab (wrongly given as Qasr Awlad Debbab in VT location data base) is one of these (look at the map under "things to do") and possibly the best preserved.
Chenini (wrongly given as Shanini in VT location data base) was inhabited when we last visited it in 1978. It seems that now it is a touristy destination and that, as in Matmata, traditional dwelling are preserved for tourists only. However, even if it is no more as it was, the situation of the village, on the summit of a hill is worth the visit.
You will not be surprised if you do not find any restaurant in these places. When we visited these places, there was... more travel advice
On this picture, taken close to Douirat, a donkey is carrying both a large metal can of water and two children. In these... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Shanini Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chenini, Douirat and Ksar Ouled Debbab"
- "Chenini : some more photos"
- "They really live insde the mountain!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanini
- Transportation in Shanini
- Restaurants in Shanini
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanini
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanini
- 38 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Shanini?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanini
Photos in ShaniniSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos