"Rhone-Alpes region" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhône-Alpes by JLBG

Rhône-Alpes Travel Guide: 2,509 reviews and 6,638 photos

Rhone-Alpes region gather the ''departements'' of Rhone (Lyon), Isere (Grenoble), Drome (Valence), Ardeche (Privas), Loire (Saint-Etienne), Ain (Bourg), Savoie (Chambery) and Haute-Savoie (Annecy).
The western and north-western part are along the Rhone river and the relief is varied. The north-eastern (former province of Savoie) and south-eastern part (former province of Dauphine) lie within the Alps and constitute the mountain part of the region.

• Intro Updated Oct 13, 2005

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Loved your recipes. My grandmother used to make dandelion salad. That's my fondue recipe and a family favorite. Great fun reading your travel pages.

• ant1606's Profile Photo
      Jun 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Dandelion salad is also typical on my side of the Alps. Double delight as it means springtime has come!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
      Jun 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM

It was like that in rural Ohio when I was little. I haven't seen it in years in this country. We've lost a lot of our traditional foods here.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Potatoes done in both these ways are great favourites in our household. The kid sounds good, might have to try that.

• picek's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Thanks for your comments; yeah, it's always great to see places out of main season, they feel so different. We make dandelion salad here too, but throughout all year and without meat. Will try the fondue recipy one day!

• Jan 30, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Nice tips

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2006 at 11:45 AM

great recipies from my favorite part of france :O)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 4:38 AM

WOW! What a treat! The "Ravioles du Royans" sounds devine. For the Fondue, shall I bring a Cote de Rhone?

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 8:17 AM

What a find your pages are! VT needs to create a new 'things to eat' category for your tips! Looking forward to checking out the rest of your recipes from around the world. ; )

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Fondue time is coming!!! Merci pour ces bonnes recettes savoyardes, je retourne à mes fourneaux de suite ;-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 3:03 PM

Great Alpine recipes. I think, I will start with gratin Savoyard - sounds the simplest :-)

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 1:03 AM

I had to visit your page after I noted your personal motto! Like you, I travel for the food and include recipes too ( I love your fondue recipe) . I've just reviewed some gourmet restaurants in Hanoi so do take a look.

JLBG Used To Live Here!

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Rhône-Alpes

Have you been to Rhône-Alpes?

Latest Activity in Rhône-Alpes