"In Kintzheim, l'empereur de la Tarte flambée!" Kintzheim by JLBG

Kintzheim Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 14 photos

Kintzheim is a superb village of 1,500, on the « Route des Vins » (wines road), 6 km west from Sélestat. Unfortunately, I have no photo to show. We had booked dinner at Auberge Saint Martin on a busy day (Sunday) and when we arrived it was too late to wander in the city to take photos though the light was excellent ! When we went out of the restaurant, the front of the houses around the main street were not light anymore and photos would not have done justice to them. I chose not to take any, better that to have dull pictures.

However, you will find a few pictures of Kintzheim on this web site.

Kintzheim is a perfect place to have dinner if you plan to visit the castle of the Haut Koenigsbourg.

In the past, the village was named Niederkunighsheim, which became Kintzheim. In order to avoid any confusion between the castle and the village, the Koenigsbourg castle became the Haut Koenigsbourg castle.

• Last visit to Kintzheim: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2008

• Nov 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Intersting

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I agree with deecat and Trekki, it all sounds very yummy!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM

Even though it's early morning here, your food descriptions were so tantalizing that I'm wishing to eat a whole meal! LOL about the dog drinking from the fountain. Delightful read!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Yummmm.... here they are, the glorious Alsace specialities!! Oh yes, now I know I MUST go for some gourmet tour very soon!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Thanks Jean-Louis for a yummy trip to Alsace with delicious dishes in local customs tips! Hm, I feel hungry - it's just time to go home and have a supper! ha-ha!

• Mar 17, 2008 at 10:30 PM

I remember Spätzle very well during my two years in Germany. Quite a popular dish indeed.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Wow, what an amazing array of local dishes!! The Baekaoffe especially caught my eye because I cooked myself a stew on Saturday - my special meatballs, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, turnip, parsnip & onions with a dash of Worcestershire, Tabasco & pepper!

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Kintzheim

Have you been to Kintzheim?

Latest Activity in Kintzheim