"Sailing around Marmaris" Top 5 Page for this destination Marmaris by JLBG

Marmaris Travel Guide: 631 reviews and 1,144 photos

We visited this part of Turkey on the occasion of a sailing trip from Fethiye to Marmaris. This was self steering but not as independent: we had hired a boat in a flotilla of an English company. There were twelve hired boats and an “admiral boat” with two guides. Each morning, there was a briefing presenting the sailing route for the day and giving next harbor. Between two harbors, we were on our own and had only to be in the evening moored in next harbor. In case of any problem, we could call the admiral boat, which never occurred.

Marmaris was our final destination.

Marmaris official site writes : "Marmaris is Probably the Most Popular Yacht Charter, Sailing and Holiday Resort in Turkey."

Marmaris is a city of south western Turkey, province of Mugla, with a permanent population of 30,000. In the high season, the population is of several hundred thousands. Marmaris is at the bottom of a deep gulf. In front, 22 nautic miles south, is the Greek island of Rhodes.

• Intro Updated Apr 20, 2009

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

It looks beautiful around the Byzantine Cove! I have only changed buses at the otogar in Marmaris, but it looks like a nice place!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Great overview of Marmaris and its area from the sea. Marmaris is a very popular resort for Russians. A friend of mine was there a few years ago and told me how wonderful it was. Thanks Jean-Louis for the virtual tour!

• Jan 8, 2009 at 6:24 AM

Nice new page! Hope to see and more pictures

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM

You seem to be busy this night :-) Very interesting start. I have found not very known, but name that is familiar to us (Ibrahim Pasa). Have a pleasant time while writing tips. I&V

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Marmaris

Have you been to Marmaris?

Latest Activity in Marmaris