"Millau, Jose Bove and the viaduct" Top 5 Page for this destination Millau by JLBG
Millau Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 122 photos
There are several reasons for visiting Millau. This is the town where José Bové and his friends dismantled in 2002 a Mac Do that was to open a few days later and this is the town that has given it's name to the ''Viaduc de Millau'' (Millau's viaduct).
On May 28th 2004, the most controversial Millau's viaduct will be finished, the last missing span being launched.
On May 28th, I am beginning to build my Millau's page and launch the first photo.
Actually, it's pure chance : I was there the week before and it's time to make my page !
In the old city of Millau, weekly city market plays a main part in the city life.
While you are in Millau, do not miss to pay a visit to Roquefort. You can visit the caves, see the cheese maturing and of course taste it !.
25 km away from Millau, Montpellier le Vieux is an out of the beaten track place that is really worth a visit (5 euros). On the whole surface of the site, dolomitic rocks have been carved by water and wind to make the figure of a ruined city. It is called a ''mega lapiaz''.
More on the official site of Montpellier le Vieux and you might also visit the famous Aven Armand cave (unfortunately, we could not include it in our trip, due to our time schedule)
- Pros:The Millau viaduct that has been built
- Cons:The Mc... restaurant that has been rebuilt :-)))
- In a nutshell:See by yourself
From the belvedere, the northwards landscape is completely different from what it was on the other side. In this... more travel advice
The top belvedere offers a general view on the whole chaos. The path is slippery when wet, which was the case on our... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Millau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Millau, Jose Bove and the viaduct"
- "Millau : the glove capital"
- "Beautiful View"
- "Enjoying views from great heights"
- "The Most Beautiful Viaduc I've seen..."
- "Millau, to the foot of the Larzac,"
- "Millau: Le Viaduct de Millau"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Millau
- 38 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Millau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Millau
Photos in MillauSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos