"Sélestat/Schlettstadt" Sélestat by JLBG
Sélestat Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos
Sélestat , named Schlettstadt in Alsatian and Schlestadt in German stands 47 km south to Strasbourg and 22 km north to Colmar. It has a little less that 20,000 inhabitants.
It has a long history that dates back from the 8th AD but the city began to grow in the 11th. Its highest importance was in the 16th when it was the capital of humanism. Sélestat underwent many destructions along its history but nevertheless has kept an old city center that is worth a visit.
This building stands just outside the old city center of Sélestat, along the free parking lot where we parked our car.... more travel advice
As the city grew southwards, a city entrance topped by a watchtower was built in 1280.It is named the Tour-porte. In the... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Sélestat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sélestat on the Alsace Wine Route"
- "A link to America can be found in Sélestat"
- "Lovely Selestat Of Alsace,"
- "Selestat, FR"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sélestat
- 29 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Sélestat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sélestat
Photos in SélestatSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos