"Cap d'Ail - perfect villas in a perfect setting" Cap-d'Ail by NiceLife
Cap-d'Ail Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
At the very end of the promentory of Cap D'Ail sits the Villa "The Rock" of Prince Jean Louis Faucigny-Lucinge, French aristocrat, whose best known and most frequent visitor was Greta Garbo.
Cap D'ail shelters many exlusive luxurious villas, some of which can be seen from the Sentier Littoral which traces a rocky seaside path from Cap D'ail some two to three kilometres to Fontveille Monaco.
Gorgeous white villa of French comic actor and director Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) who came of age in the glittering and frivolous demi-monde of Parisian theatre., and went on to feature in 120 films and plays.
It is a ravishingly beautiful villa overlooking the sea, and its roof terrace setting for dining out is just perfect. Picture yourself sitting out watching the sun set. A little more chilled Chablis? Yes! Yes!
Closest to the sea is the Villa Le Chien Bleu, whose owners have included writer Meredith Brown, actress Peggy Joyce and smart set Parisian society beauticians sisters Caritta of Boulevard St Honore, Paris.
A few hundred yoards further is the Villa La Capponcina (not visible from the walk) , owned by press magnate Lord Beaverbrook, whose guests included Winston Churchill, then in his eighties.
A mediterranean villa is not a thing for itself, it is a key to high society.
- Pros:An estate agents dream coastal walk
- Cons:Expensive beach clubs at Plage Mala
- In a nutshell:High in hideaway curiosity value
NiceLife's Related Pages
Cap-d'Ail Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice town with a nice beach"
- "Cap d'Ail - perfect villas in a perfect setting"
- "Cocteau in Cap D'ail"
- "The Habor against the hills"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cap-d'Ail
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Cap-d'Ail?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cap-d'Ail
Photos in Cap-d'AilSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 190 reviews, 248 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes Intro, 52 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antibes Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Villefranche-sur-Mer Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Menton Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventimiglia Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grasse Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos