Éze Transportation Tips by NiceLife
Éze Transportation: 13 reviews and 9 photos
The principal access to Eze Village, which sits on top of its own hill hundreds of feet above sea level, is the not terribly frequent bus route 82 from Nice bus station or the even less frequent 112 from Nice Bus Station to Beausoliel above Monaco.
When cruiseboats are in Villefranche, they will be running dozens of excusion coaches to Eze, and similarly to Monaco and Nice. The cost of organised excursions tempt some people to "do it yourself" on public transport. It is certainly possible, but be aware there are large gaps in the bus timetables, and cruiseboat visitors "squeezing " in a visit to Eze Village would be well advised to study these before attempting it.
Taxis are as expensive solution as the organised tour coach but give you much more flexibility and may make sense for four sharing.
Another possible but time-consuming option is to get to Eze bord de Mer from Villefranche by the Nice - Menton 100 bus, or a couple of stops by train from Villefranche SNCF, and from there wait for the 83 from Eze bord de Mer rail station up to Eze Village. None of the buses are especially frequent. A TA poster recently asked where to get the "Eze Shuttle" which gave me a good laugh.
A final option is to walk the Neitschze stony path up or preferably down (45-60 minutes) between the perched village down the mountain side to Eze bord de Mer and then pick up the 100 bus at the coastal road. It is a very challenging walk even for the fairly fit.
Is Eze Village worth it? On a fine day, most definitely. Its a great little village, lots of tourist interest, perfume factory outlets, souveniers, snack and restaurant options, and a brilliant view from the tropical garden (entrance charges) up and down the coast. That's why everyone does it. If it's low grey cloud or raining, consider alternatives - Monaco has plenty to see and do even in the rain. If its in between the two, its still worth seeing.
More Reviews (7)
NiceLife's Related Pages
Éze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beauty of Eze-village"
- "Visit stunning medieval Eze on its hilltop perch!"
- "Eze-A Medieval View of France"
- "Eze ~ Medieval French Village Shines Like A Jewel"
- "High on a Mountain Top"
- "Eze - Côte d’Azur"
- "Èze Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Éze
- Hotels in Éze
- Transportation in Éze
- Restaurants in Éze
- Shopping in Éze
- Warnings and Dangers in Éze
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- Ibis Hotels
- Tallmadge Hotels
- Land Baden-Württemberg Hotels
Badges & Stats in Éze
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Éze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Éze
Photos in ÉzeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 190 reviews, 249 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes Intro, 52 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antibes Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Villefranche-sur-Mer Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Menton Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventimiglia Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grasse Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Éze hotel reviews
- Bastide aux Camelias
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Chateau De La Chevre Dor
- 215 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hotel Les Terrasses D'Eze
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Eza Vista
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Cap Estel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Chateau Eza
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013