"tessy's new Mannheim Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim by tessy
Mannheim Travel Guide: 204 reviews and 459 photos
In the next weeks, I will try to update this page a bit. I made lots of new pics, visited some places, ... so just come back when you're interested.
When I drove through Mannheim the first time, I thought: what an awful place! That's the place I never would like to live. Hm. Since that moment, more than 30 years passed, I lived in other places, but returned. There are several reasons.
Even though Mannheim is an industrial town, there are lots of nice places.
The Pfalz, the Odenwald and the Black Forest as well as France are not far, so we can escape the weekend and enjoy the beautiful nature.
Mannheim offers as well a lot of cultural activities with the opera, the national theatre, lots of cinemas, some really nice museums. My girls as well like to be here, there are great things for them to do.
The water tower is Mannheim's famous landmark. Around the tower is a little park, styled in Jugendstil. Around the arcades there are some nice cafés and bistros now.
Enlarge the pic to see the nice sunflowers in front of the Watertower! My friend Fred (vt Pals) send it to me. I had the honour to make a pic of his art and the Mannheim landmark for him to make his "world collection" a bit bigger. If you wanna take a pic of his art, email Pals
The river rhine and the industry. Just on this place, there is a ferry boat, which I like to use when I'm going on bike to the south of Ludwigshafen
- Pros:a lot of things to discover .....
- Cons:a bit industrial
If you look for a typical gift from Mannheimer, try "Mannheimer Dreck", perhaps it is in Endlish dirt of Mannheim.... more travel advice
Chocolaterie Stoffel is one of my favourite shops. Go there, have a look at the shop window, then after having seen... more travel advice
- See All sport, opera, music, ....
- See All ferry boats
- See All under the TV tower
- See All Mannheim marathon
tessy's Related Pages
Mannheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mannheim - a nice place to live in"
- "tessy's new Mannheim Page"
- "Opera in Mannheim"
- "Mannheim - so much more than industrial city :-))"
- "Home Base: Manneheim"
- "Mannheim - a beautiful city"
- "The Afternoon City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mannheim
- Hotels in Mannheim
- Transportation in Mannheim
- Nightlife in Mannheim
- Restaurants in Mannheim
- Shopping in Mannheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Mannheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mannheim
- 36 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 114 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mannheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mannheim
Photos in MannheimSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Regensburg Intro, 13 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Black Forest Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues