"tessy's new Mannheim Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim by tessy

Mannheim Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 455 photos

Time to change a bit....

In the next weeks, I will try to update this page a bit. I made lots of new pics, visited some places, ... so just come back when you're interested.

When I drove through Mannheim the first time, I thought: what an awful place! That's the place I never would like to live. Hm. Since that moment, more than 30 years passed, I lived in other places, but returned. There are several reasons.
Even though Mannheim is an industrial town, there are lots of nice places.

The Pfalz, the Odenwald and the Black Forest as well as France are not far, so we can escape the weekend and enjoy the beautiful nature.

Mannheim offers as well a lot of cultural activities with the opera, the national theatre, lots of cinemas, some really nice museums. My girls as well like to be here, there are great things for them to do.

Watertower with Pals art

The water tower is Mannheim's famous landmark. Around the tower is a little park, styled in Jugendstil. Around the arcades there are some nice cafés and bistros now.
Enlarge the pic to see the nice sunflowers in front of the Watertower! My friend Fred (vt Pals) send it to me. I had the honour to make a pic of his art and the Mannheim landmark for him to make his "world collection" a bit bigger. If you wanna take a pic of his art, email Pals

Industrial Mannheim

The river rhine and the industry. Just on this place, there is a ferry boat, which I like to use when I'm going on bike to the south of Ludwigshafen

• Pros:a lot of things to discover .....
  • Cons:a bit industrial
  • Intro Updated Aug 20, 2006

• alza's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Merry Christmas Tessy! What fun to meet you at Christine's! Wishing you a Happy New Year, health, good cheer and travel to your heart's content! Best, lou

• Jun 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Sandhoffen Schutzenhaus!!! YUM!!!! Veal Cordon Bleu....tears run down my face from the memories...

• JessH's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 2:25 AM

Halloele! 2 Verwandte von mir leben in "Mannem". Dachte auch immer die Stadt sei ein bisschen "quadratisch" & haesslich, aber Deine Tips zeigen auch die schoenen Seiten :-) Liebe Gruesse aus der Wueste (ich hab jetzt Heimweh!) / Jess

• Dec 12, 2006 at 8:15 AM

I watched a webcam of the Water Tower for months prior to my trip to Germany. When I finally arrived at the Water Tower, I saw the sign "Blumepeterfest" but could not speak German, so did not know what it was all about. Thank you for explaining!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 6:11 PM

Guten Tag I really enjoyed your pages on Mannheim. I have only been to Germany once but I truly fell in love with the country. I have friends in Wienheim I believe not too far from Mannheim? Kat

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 1:09 PM

schoener Krempel in Mannhem :-))

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 10:58 PM

Da wusste ich noch gar nichts von. Ein prima Tipp!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 12:00 PM

STOFFEL !! The place for me on Saturday to buy TONs of chocolate. Haha, they won't last long I am afraid. Girl, I love you for this tip, yes, maybe I will also buy some Wassertürmscher :-))

• Sep 10, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Thank you for the tip, we tried this restaurant last night and were very impressed! FRESH food, EXCELLENT service! Highly recommended if you like Sushi! GREAT review! Thanks again!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 1:20 PM

I just love parks & castles two of my favourite things Thanks for sharing!!

tessy Lives Here!

tessy

“Peace all over the world!”

Badges & Stats in Mannheim

Have you been to Mannheim?

Latest Activity in Mannheim