"Welcome in Weissenburg" Weißenburg in Bayern by tessy

Weißenburg in Bayern Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 28 photos

Short visit in Weissenburg

On our way back home from the Altmuehltal, we stopped in Weissenburg in Bavaria. And we were so happy we did. We found a beautiful little old town with a city wall and one of the nicest city gates I saw, the Ellinger Tor.

The city wall

We made a walk along the city wall.
Weissenburg is a roman town, which is not far from the beautiful lakes and also not far from the Altmuehltal, where lots of people like to cycle, to hike or do some canoeying.

Townhall

Beautiful gothic townhall on the marketsquare

• Last visit to Weißenburg in Bayern: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2004

• Jun 13, 2006 at 7:09 PM

Tessy, Your pics of Weissenburg are super. My Mom is from there and my aunt lives only a short walk from Sieweher!! I have been fortuanate enough to have spent several summers in Weissenburg and to also take my 2 little girls and husband

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Schnuckelig, das !! Mein Gott, ich könnt in den Monitor reinkriechen und die Semmelnknödln und die Pfifferlinge aufessen...... Fröhliche Ostern, oder ist grad Weihnachten ? Oder Neujahr ? Irgendwas war doch, weswegen ich 4 Tage frei hab..

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2005 at 2:21 PM

Bayern ist schon schoen und besonders die kleineren Staedtchen, Semmelknoedeln mit Pfifferlingen..yummy!!lovely page Tess

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 6:30 AM

I was here for a day when living in Munich and fell in love with it but had no camera with me. :( Gorgeous shots, Tessy. Oh, and the Schneider brewery you show IS STILL a brewery. You missed some great food and beer there. Thanks for the great pics.

• Aug 25, 2004 at 4:38 PM

Weissenburg is really a beautiful city. I always enjoy being there. And your pictures are amazing!

• hooiluangoh's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2004 at 7:23 PM

Lovely ! It reminds me of Rothenburg. Germany is a beautiful country.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 1:24 PM

such lovely buildings Tessy, a nice place to visit. BTW you look like 3 sisters on the pic :-)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 2:39 PM

Beautiful page on Weissenburg! Wow, this town looks so nice! I'll remember this tip! Thanks :-) Looks like a town I would love to visit! And I love the photo of you with the girls :-))

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2004 at 3:49 AM

Tessy - seems to be a nice place in Bavaria ? What about the beer ? Greets from "beer" land Belgium

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 5:10 AM

This area looks straight from a fairy tale!

tessy

“Peace all over the world!”

Badges & Stats in Weißenburg in Bayern

Have you been to Weißenburg in Bayern?

Latest Activity in Weißenburg in Bayern