"Monastery of Weltenburg" Weltenburg by tessy
Weltenburg Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 58 photos
When we saw a film about Regensburg on TV, we decided to go there for 2 days. As the weather was so fine, we wanted to visit the benedictine abbey of Weltenburg as well. It is about 25 miles away from Regensburg on the Danube. On our trip to Regensburg we went first to Kelheim where we took the boat.
If you are interested in baroque, the visit of the church is a must!!! The architects are the famous Asam brothers.
When you enter through the big door, you will be in the beer garden. Attention, it could be rather crowded. But I'm sure you will find a seat there. Just walk around and ask for a free seat. If you are 2, it will be much easier to get a seat than for a group.
The cathedral was built in baroque style by the Asam brothers. They started with the work in 1716, the entrance was... more travel advice
The rocks along the Danube got funny names. One is called Napoleon's luggage, this one is called bee's nest or hollow... more travel advice
tessy's Related Pages
Weltenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monastery of Weltenburg"
- "Pay homage at the world's oldest monastic brewery!"
- "The granite canyon of the Danube"
- "Wonderful views from Donau river"
- "Weltenburg Abbey"
- "Kloster Weltenburg"
- "beer beer beer bear beer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Weltenburg
- Transportation in Weltenburg
- Restaurants in Weltenburg
- Shopping in Weltenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Weltenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weltenburg
- 13 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Weltenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weltenburg
Photos in WeltenburgSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 36 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Regensburg Intro, 13 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Black Forest Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues