"Nature, history and modernity - Under construction" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen by tessy

Land Thüringen Travel Guide: 1,111 reviews and 3,559 photos

Wartburg and Eisenach

The Wartburg in Eisenach is a cultural heritage of the Unesco since 1999. Finally I visited - a wish which I had since I was a kid.

Small towns off the beaten path

Schmalkalden is not exactly the place, where you meet lots of tourists. But it was worth to go there. So many beautiful houses everywhere.

Point Alpha

There are many places in Thueringen which remind of the history of Germany. I liked best the museum near Rasdorf and Geisa.

• Last visit to Land Thüringen: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Apr 10, 2005

• elgin99's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 1:32 AM

Hope you will come back to our region some time, nice page! Regards, Hildruth

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 8:54 PM

Buchenwald, gives me the shiver's. I'll be back Tess..Matschkuchen haett ich nu auch gerne zum Kaffee, auch wenn ich den Blechkuchen nenne..nach T. wuerd ich auch mal wollen :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Ah, interessante Seite :-) Sollte ich auch mal hinfahren :-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Nice page Tessy, Eisenach sounds such an interesting place to visit.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 3:58 AM

We liked Erfut too but missed these great off the beaten path small towns. Matschekuchen sounds yummy, guess there are some good reasons to head back to Thuringen!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 2:24 PM

an interesting page ! Gut zu sehen, daß es noch ein paar Orte wie Alphapoint gibt, wo man sehen kann daß in der DDR nicht alles so rosig war wie in den beliebten Ostalgie-shows...

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 2:48 PM

Great page, Teresa! Thüringen has been on my to go list for quite a while - seeing your pictures now really convinces me that I should go there soon!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 1:22 PM

Hi Teresa, good to see you have been traveling in Thüringen and now started making a nice page about it. I've been to Erfurt, Suhl and Eisenach (and most other cities in Thüringen) but never heard of the Point alpha museum before. Cheers, Don.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 1:30 AM

Great page already Teresa! This looks like a beautiful area! I love those half timbered houses, the cake look delicious! Hahaha, and those Easter decoration are so fun :-)) I'll be back to read more :-)

tessy

“Peace all over the world!”

Badges & Stats in Land Thüringen

Have you been to Land Thüringen?