"Exploring & discovring a jewel off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt by tessy

Darmstadt Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 660 photos

Some of my friends told me since a long time about Darmstadt. They went there to visit expositions, to visit Mathildenhoehe, to study there .... And I also heard, that Darmstadt is not a nice place at all, that Darmstadt is a dumb place, that there are much more beautiful places than just Darmstadt. I was curious. What is Darmstadt like? So I went there and I was completely overwhelmed: Living in Darmstadt is like living in a museum!

Art Nouveau

If you plan to visit Darmstadt and you like to take fotos, be sure to have enough time. I was there for an afternoon. That is not at all enough! Just for walking around Mathildenhoehe, visit a museum, have a coffee, you need this time. Darmstadt is the capital of the Art Nouveau! And there are so many beautiful things to watch at or to take pics of.

Excellent guide

Be sure to have a guide! I was so lucky, because all the Nobbys ( Norbaert ) wanted to walk with me through their favourite places! But The absolute Darmstadt expert is my dear friend Ingrid ( Trekki ) ! Thanks a lot to you for showing me your "beloved" Darmstadt

• Pros:wonderful jewel - not overcrowded
  • Cons:not enough parkings ....
  • In a nutshell:Living in a museum
  • Last visit to Darmstadt: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• lvdpiet's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Must be a wonderful place. It shows how nice Europe can be these days!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 9:07 PM

Mathildenhoehe must be THE place to buy real estate ;~)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 11:06 PM

:-) ohh, updates :-)) Ah, VT girl, das haste fein gemacht :-)) Ahh, nun blühen die Rosen dort :-) Könntest ja mal wieder kommen und wir gehen wieder verloren :-)) Und stopfen uns die Bäuche voller Kuchen und Knödel :-) Genau !!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 2:11 PM

auch eine wunderschoene Ecke, nu fertig..superb pix Tess, enjoyed my Sat.morning walk. by the way, I love beautiful Fences too. tks for a great page.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 8:45 AM

What beautiful things to see !The Wedding Tower is amazing & you were lucky having a dedicated guide too!!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 3:46 PM

Brrr...this doesn't look like spring. It made me run for a brewery dinner inside. ;)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 1:37 PM

It is so close to where we live, but we have never made it there - it really looks beautiful! Thanks for making us curious!!! Great update!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 2:14 PM

An Darmstadt bin ich bisher immer nur vorbeigefahren, hört sich ja auch etwas unromatisch an... aber ich hätte nie gedacht, daß es dort so schoen ist !

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Beautiful Teresa!! What a wonderful page! So much art nouveau in Darmstadt, it looks amazing! I would love to see the Mathildenhoehe and those mosaics! :-)) Hahaha, I think my camera would go crazy there :-)) Huggies :-)

• Norbaert's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Hihihi, da müssen wir ja wohl noch ein bissele arbeiten :-))) Und zum Auerbacher Schloss müssen wir auch mal fahren :-))))))

tessy

“Peace all over the world!”

Badges & Stats in Darmstadt

Have you been to Darmstadt?

Latest Activity in Darmstadt