"Jewel between in the Altmuehl vallley" Eichstätt by tessy

Eichstätt Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 71 photos

Altmuehl valley

We went by bike to Eichstaett. The Altmuehl valley is beautiful - the quaint river and the mountains

cathedral

We were surprised about such a huge cathedral in such a small place. But we learnt, that Eichstaett has even a small univerity.

Looking for Fossils

Is it a fossil or is it only a stone?
Bring enough to drink and be sure to have sun lotion when the weather is fine.

• Last visit to Eichstätt: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2004

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Das ist ja was Interessantes !! Fossiliensuche !! Könnt ich auch mal glatt machen !! Ahh, ja Altmühltal und Kanu.. ich muß bald mal meine Allier Bilder hochladen, um Euch dorthin zu zerren :-)) mehr Osterhuggies :-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2005 at 4:41 AM

How I would love to go fossil hunting! yours look beautiful!! Congratulations!!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2004 at 10:26 AM

I like the Altmuehl valley too, but think you need to try some of the local beers after all that biking. ;) Will have to try canoeing there sometime myself.

• Sep 5, 2004 at 8:06 AM

Eichstätt is really a lovely place. As far as I remember it was even on one of the best places in a recently published ranking among german cities.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 1:19 PM

Looks lovely Tessy and the Bishops doorway is very impressive. As for fossils- Joe thinks I am one - lol

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 2:32 PM

I hitchhike between Munich and Nuremberg, the speed was 200 km/h and I did not had the chance to stop in Eichstatt.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 11:22 AM

must have been a lovely outing! your story+photos are a pleasure to see this Saturday evening, Tessy! I'm back after 4 weeks: pc crashed have a new one now! Glad to be back, bes-elisabeth

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 2:20 PM

Wonderful page! Great idea to go looking for fossils, and great that you found one! I found a fossil by luck once years ago on a beach in England, and I still have it :-)))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 6:10 PM

wunderschoen, brought back sweet memories

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 12:47 PM

What an idyllic place - ideal for hiking and relaxing. Fossil searching sounds great

tessy

“Peace all over the world!”

Badges & Stats in Eichstätt

Have you been to Eichstätt?

Latest Activity in Eichstätt