"Green Ridge Recon Platoon" Green Ridge by teddy1066
Green Ridge Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
Camping at Green Ridge State Forest
We've probably camped here thirty times. Main players usually include Sarge, Ski, Scraps, Keith, Miller, Roach etc. I don't know where to begin. The first time we ever went there was because we got kicked out of our illegal campsite in Thurmont, Md.
So how does the typical camping trip go? Well, we all plan to get there at 9pm, but roll up one by one around midnight. Usually one of us will get there early. When you're early you pitch your tent in the prime spot, pay the forest fees, leave a note for your homies, then get your drink on. It's pretty cool watching your homies roll up one by one. Next step is to collect wood, start a fire, crack a brew, then put on some Sepultura, Doors or Beasties and then drink a lot, go for a night hike, check out the stars, and maybe play a little 'Three Man' by lantern. Morning, Advil and Beer start the day. Cook a bit of breakfast, then go for a day hike and football at the Field of Dreams in Flintstone. I plan to include a list of trips, stories, anecdotes of every trip we've ever been on... Get on the beer bus and cruise thru the forest.
- Pros:Tastes Great
- Cons:Less Filling
- In a nutshell:Evergreen El Dorado
As you drive the winding forestry roads you'll sometimes come across scenic overlooks. The ones off the dirt roads... more travel advice
Keep two sets of kit, a wet kit you wear during the day and a dry kit to sleep in. Always keep your belt kit on you no... more travel advice
teddy1066's Related Pages
Green Ridge Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Green Ridge
- Hotels in Green Ridge
- Nightlife in Green Ridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Green Ridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green Ridge
- 10 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Green Ridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green Ridge
- Commented on one of teddy1066's Green Ridge travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Green Ridge State Forest~Camping, Hiking, Drinking"
- updated a Green Ridge Travelogue "Green Ridge State Forest~Camping, Hiking, Drinking"
- Wrote a Review Scenic Overlook in Green Ridge Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Greenwich Village Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Green Ridge Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- England Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santiago del Teide Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kirkpatrick Durham Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Netherlands 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Germany 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.