"my home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott by cyberchaos
Fort Scott Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 151 photos
yep, this is my hometown. has been for 52 years. our town consist of a fort that was built in 1842. we get alot of tourist here each year. in the first weekend in june we have 'good ole days'. quite an event. our small town sees over 30,00 visiters here that weekend. main street is lined with venders from all over, bands,civil war reinactments and all the fun you could imagine. so come and stop in.
as you can see that we get alot of snow here in fort scott. but makes for a nice christmas
by now most everyone has been alerted about the devistating fire that ripped through downtown fort scott,kansas. this is my home town s i said. it is very sad such an event had to happen to the historical buildings. but we are a city of pride and we won't let this terrible fire stop us from rebuilding. to many of us have deep seeded roots here. i have some photos i would like to share with all of you. along with the downtown memories i have.
- Pros:friendliest people
- In a nutshell:just stop in..and enjoy
this historical monument is a must to visit. built in 1842 and have housed some pretty important people to the civil... more travel advice
the shop is located downtown on main st. come on in and browse around. grandma will make you feel welcome and at home.... more travel advice
cyberchaos' Related Pages
Fort Scott Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town Rich In History."
- "A Well Preserved Town and old fort"
- "my home town"
- "jayhawk2000's Fort Scott Page"
- "Fort Scott, Kansas"
- "brdwtchr's new Fort Scott Page"
- "FORT SCOTT, KANSAS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Scott
- Hotels in Fort Scott
- Transportation in Fort Scott
- Nightlife in Fort Scott
- Restaurants in Fort Scott
- Shopping in Fort Scott
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Scott
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fort Scott?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Scott
Photos in Fort ScottSee All Photos (18)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Missouri Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Denver Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos