"PAKBENG" Muang Pakbeng by buffymaus
Muang Pakbeng Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 39 photos
Pakbeng is a rustic town-village on the way from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang. It is a sweet little market town with mostly wooden houses along a steep hillside.
We arrived in the town late so that we only had time to look for a guest house and having dinner before we fell into bed! But the next day I got up early so I had time to walk around the town before the boat left for Luang Prabang.
This market was situated near the shore where the boats arrive and leave. You will pass this road ont he way looking for a GH.
On the way exploring the town there were kids everywhere, some begging for money and others on their way to school.
- Pros:nice people, typical Lao town
- Cons:some GH are really bad
- In a nutshell:Nice to stay for a night
buffymaus' Related Pages
Muang Pakbeng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pakbeng, PDR Lao."
- "A night in Pak Beng"
- "I'm just passing through!"
- "Half way on the river"
- See All...
- Hotels in Muang Pakbeng
- Transportation in Muang Pakbeng
- Restaurants in Muang Pakbeng
- Warnings and Dangers in Muang Pakbeng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muang Pakbeng
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Muang Pakbeng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muang Pakbeng
Photos in Muang PakbengSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Laos Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Wisconsin Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Thailand Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Hartberg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.