"A peek into a great country" Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa by mvtouring
South Africa Travel Guide: 12,010 reviews and 28,547 photos
This page should be read in conjunction with my pages on the various villages and town in South Africa. This page is dedicated to the geography, culture, cooking etc of my country to give you a better understanding and hopefully to assist you in planning for a better trip when visiting here.
South Africa occupies the southern tip of Africa, its long coastline stretching more than 2 500km from the desert border with Namibia on the Atlantic coast southwards around the tip of Africa and then north to the border with subtropical Mozambique on the Indian Ocean
We are a multi-lingual country. Besides the 11 officially recognised languages, there are scores of others, because South Africa is the crossroads of southern Africa.
South Africa's Constitution recognises and guarantees equal status to 11 official languages to cater for the country's diverse peoples and their cultures - so preserving our much-cherished heterogeneity. The 11 languages are:
Sesotho sa Leboa
However, most of us speak English, so you'll have little trouble communicating.
I have used the travel tips areas to put some additional information which I hope will help you
Under Things to do you will find my impressions about the various villages, towns and other places around South Africa
Under Off the Beaten Path you will find some museums info and other activities
Under Local Customs I will be putting some SA recipies and customs
Under Accomodations you will find some budget accommodation that has been tried out by either myself or one of my friends and who have given me their feedback.
Under General you will find some local "slang" which might assist you in understanding us better.
Under Warnings or Dangers I will post some tips on how to behave when you are a tourist in our country.
Transportation, I will try and post as much info as possible for those who do not want to make use of own transport.
Under Shopping Tips I will try and accommodate all of you.
Under Sports Travel there will be some info on all the various sporting facilities etc that we have on offer. Highest bungy jump in the world is only one of them.
- Pros:warm and friendly people, plus the big 7
- Cons:weather can change without any warning.
- In a nutshell:Stunning
Oudtshoorn are famous for three things, firstly the Kango caves, followed by its ostriches and the last but now ways... more travel advice
Ladismith is a very interesting little town in the western Kleinkaroo region of South Africa's Western Cape province.... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
South Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A world in one country!"
- "A peek into a great country"
- "SUNNY SOUTH AFRICA not at the moment its raining"
- "South Africa Road Trip"
- "South Africa"
- "South Africa - We had a wonderful World Cup!"
- "The Splendour of South Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Africa
- Hotels in South Africa
- Transportation in South Africa
- Nightlife in South Africa
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Shopping in South Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in South Africa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Africa
- 1,100 Reviews
- 1,754 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 92 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Africa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos