"Luderitz" Luderitz by mvtouring
Luderitz Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 34 photos
If you want to visit Kollmanskopp then you have to stay over at Luderitz and hence our reason for a visit to this coastal town. Once a very busy place, I got the idea that the town is busy dying a slow death just like Kollmannskopp did. There is not much to do in Luderitz but a visit to Kollmannskopp makes it worth while.
Kollmannskopp is approx 20 minutes drive outside Luderitz. This ghosttown is preserved and it is amazing to see the houses with their beautiful wooden floors just left to the mercy of nature. Some of the places are being restored, but as it is diamond country, no one can go back to live there. We took the guided tour, so that we could get the background, it is included in the entry price of N$50 so make sure that you are there at the times of the tours, afterwards you can roam around freely.
There is quite a number of lovely old buildings around town that has been converted into shops. more travel advice
Luderitz has a really lovely harbour area, good for taking sunset photo's more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Luderitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LUDERITZ - KOLMANSKOP"
- "On the search for Diamonds"
- "Never--Rain Snow"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luderitz
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Luderitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luderitz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos