"Tasmania" State of Tasmania by mvtouring
State of Tasmania Travel Guide: 1,706 reviews and 4,540 photos
We wanted to see as much of Australia as possible and top of our list was Tasmania. We were so excited when Anne found a special for a weekend excursion to this Island that we jumped at the opportunity.
We left on the Friday evening from Melbourne to Launceston and we should have known it was going to be a strange weekend from the start. At the airport in Melbourne we were having coffee whilst we waited for our plane to leave when a fully grown man of approx 6 foot 2 inches tall walked past us, fully dressed as Superman (cape and all) on his way to some rescue somewhere.
On the plane we were talking in Afrikaans and I was making a comment about the steward when the he stopped by us and enquired what language we were speaking, informing us that he was born in RSA. Needless to say I was red in the face as I was making the comment about his nice butt. Arriving in Launceston, we were late in arriving at our hotel, had problems booking in and when we finally got to the bedroom it reminded us of the move "The Shining". Well nothing happened, we had a good nights rest and set off the next morning towards the Marakoopa Caves and King Solomons mines visiting many spots along the way and then finally taking the road down to Hobart where we were sleeping the Saturday evening.
Hobart and Richmond had a lot to offer us as well with some more interesting things happening to us in that area.
We left again from Hobart airport to Melbourne on the Sunday evening after a fantastic weekend of seeing, doing and experiencing many things.
Here in Hobart minitown you can see many things, one of which are these guys escaping from prison little knowing that... more travel advice
This mini town of what Hobart looked like many moons ago is an absolute must visit for all of those who still have the... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
State of Tasmania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tasmania, better the Devil, you know"
- "Away from the madding crowd"
- "Tasmania - Australia's best kept secret"
- "7 Days in Heaven... I Mean Tassie"
- "Tasmania the 'anchor' for mainland Australia."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Tasmania
- Hotels in State of Tasmania
- Transportation in State of Tasmania
- Nightlife in State of Tasmania
- Restaurants in State of Tasmania
- Shopping in State of Tasmania
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Tasmania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Tasmania
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to State of Tasmania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Tasmania
Photos in State of TasmaniaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top State of Tasmania hotels
- Hobart Hotels
- 407 Reviews - 862 Photos
- Launceston Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 309 Photos
- Swansea Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Strahan Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Carlton Hotels
- 30 Hotels
- Devonport Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 66 Photos
- Coles Bay Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Port Arthur Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Lisdillon Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Long Island Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Stanley Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 61 Photos
- Saint Helens Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Narawntapu National Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Glenorchy Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Gladstone Hotels
- 1 Hotel