"Busteni" Busteni by mvtouring
Busteni Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 33 photos
We decided to stay in Busteni as the cost was much lower than staying in Sinaia which is only about 20km away. Busteni is approx 135km away from Bucharest and 37km away from Brasov.
It is surrounded by the Caraiman Mauntains (2384m) and Costila Mauntains(2489m). It is one of the most important departure point towards Bucegi Mountains. The Busteni Mountains are beauties in themselves, and are part of the Caraiman Mountains with their monument dedicated to heros who died in the first world war.
The altitude of the mountains are: 800-950m.
Climate: specific to the alpine zones,with ozoned air.
Annual average temperature:50C.
-by car:Bucharest- Brasov on DN1(E60) from Rasnov on DN73 A junction with DN1
-by train:Busteni station,on the line Bucharest-Brasov.
Destination:rest,winter sports, trips (by option).
Telecabine:Busteni - Babele(4350m),difference of level 1235m, time 13',capacity 25 persones.
Telecabine:Babele-Pestera(2611m),difference of level 560m, time 10', capacity 35 persones.
a)Busteni-Urlatoarea Waterfall( 1 hour),marked with blue.
b)Busteni- Gura Dihamului Waterfall-Diham Challet(2 hours and 30'), marked with red.
c)Busteni- Plaiul Muticelu-Poiana Costilei-Cerbului Valley-Omu Challet(6-7 hours), marked with red triangle and yellow band.
d)Busteni-Poiana Costilei-Pichetul Rosu-Malaiesti Challet(4 hours),accesible way only in summer,in winter -only to the alpinists, marked with a red triangle.
e)Busteni-Cantonul Jepi-Piatra Arsa Challet(3 hours and 30'), marked with blue triangle.
Along the road, you will find these stalls where they sell many many things. Warm knitted hat to keep your head and... more travel advice
Be carefull when walking in the snow as you could find yourself no longer walking, but lying on your back. more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Busteni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Urlatoarea Waterfall"
- "close to the mountains"
- "Busteni is a mountain getaway"
- "Busteni and surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busteni
- Hotels in Busteni
- Transportation in Busteni
- Restaurants in Busteni
- Shopping in Busteni
- Warnings and Dangers in Busteni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busteni
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Busteni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busteni
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos