"Krakow" Krakow by mvtouring
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,476 reviews and 10,517 photos
This city was exactly what I expected. I was told that it was on par with Praha, and I must agree. The Renaissance arcades, enchanting onion domes, Baroque spires, storybook streets, and the stunning beauty of this 1,000-year-old city with its sights attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors annually. Krakow (Cracow), seat of Poland's oldest university and the former capital of Poland, is one of the few Polish cities that escaped devastation by Hitler's armies during World War II. UNESCO listed Krakow as a World Heritage site in 1978 for its historic buildings and sites.
Today Krakow's fine towers, facades, and churches, reflecting seven centuries of Polish architecture, continue to make it the shop window of Poland. Until as recently as the 19th century there was a moat encircling the Old Town; now the parkland, called Planty, encircles the city. The center of Krakow is the Main Market Square, a medieval textile bazaar where Polish kings came the day after their coronations to meet the city's burghers and receive homage and tribute in the name of all the towns of Poland.
A visit to the cloth hall is a must, but then again I do not think that it is possible to miss it when visiting Krakow
- Pros:Lovely people
- Cons:Very little English spoken
Good service, excellent food if you want to try some local food Bigos and polish dumplings more travel advice
Anything you want you will find here. Shop till you drop from designed stuff to food more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 47 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos