"Utrecht" Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht by mvtouring
Utrecht Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,553 photos
We did not want to stay in Amsterdam again, but rather somewhere more in the country side. Why we decided on Utrecht, I am not quite able to tell you, but researching it here on VT kind of made up my mind that this was a good place to stay. I loved Utrecht and we had a great time here.
Utrecht city and municipality is the capital of the Dutch province of Utrecht. It is located in the eastern end of the Randstad, and is the fourth largest city of the Netherlands.
Utrecht's ancient city-centre features many buildings and structures from early days. It has been the religious centre of the Netherlands since the eighth century. Currently it is the see of the Archbishop of Utrecht, the most important Dutch Roman Catholic leader.
Utrecht University is the largest university of the Netherlands.
Eat in or take out. If you feel like authentic chinese food, then this is the place to go. more travel advice
One of the best things to do in summer time is to enjoy something to drink at an outdoor cafe with family and friends. more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Utrecht Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Utrecht - superb city to live in and/or to explore"
- "ULTRAJECTUM (as the Romans called it)"
- "As It Turned Out - Well Worth A Visit AND Now Two!"
- "Right in the middle."
- "Back in town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Utrecht
- Hotels in Utrecht
- Transportation in Utrecht
- Nightlife in Utrecht
- Restaurants in Utrecht
- Shopping in Utrecht
- Warnings and Dangers in Utrecht
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Utrecht
- 57 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Utrecht?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Utrecht
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos