"Utrecht" Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht by mvtouring

Utrecht Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,551 photos

We did not want to stay in Amsterdam again, but rather somewhere more in the country side. Why we decided on Utrecht, I am not quite able to tell you, but researching it here on VT kind of made up my mind that this was a good place to stay. I loved Utrecht and we had a great time here.

Utrecht city and municipality is the capital of the Dutch province of Utrecht. It is located in the eastern end of the Randstad, and is the fourth largest city of the Netherlands.

Utrecht's ancient city-centre features many buildings and structures from early days. It has been the religious centre of the Netherlands since the eighth century. Currently it is the see of the Archbishop of Utrecht, the most important Dutch Roman Catholic leader.

Utrecht University is the largest university of the Netherlands.

• Last visit to Utrecht: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2009

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Yes I had a lovely time visiting Utrecht twice and still have cravings for the brilliant chinese food at Wok to Go I had there! Lovely buildings esp the tower in the main street. I think your Anne Frank statue tip belongs in your Amsterdam page though?

• morne's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Came back and enjoyed it again

• Nov 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Utrecht is a lovely student city. My daughter studies there.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM

The mix of architecture-new and old as well as all the art variety must have been a great place to savor and then show VT readers about the area. Good job

• Aug 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM

baie interesant, goeie blad hier

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Thank you for visiting my Haarlem page. The "Dutch way of life" has left the big cities but can still be found in the smaller towns. Haarlem, Leiden and Delft are some of my favoured ones. My visits to Utrecht were only for business.

• floriangn's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2010 at 11:17 AM

going there in May, your tips nice and useful. poffertjies looks nice

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I've driven through and around but never stopped.here. Enjoyed your tour so many points of interest, loved the wonky building and the tapestry. Will be back for more !

• ChristaV's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Briljante bladsy wat jy hier gebou het baie dankie vir al die goeie tips

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Have just returned from Utrecht. Would have liked to have known about the 1.6eu bus trip back then. Much nicer & cheaper than staying in Amsterdam. Good variety of tips and nice photos!

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Utrecht

Have you been to Utrecht?

Latest Activity in Utrecht