"Astypalaia" Astypalaia by mvtouring
Astypalaia Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 89 photos
It was with great anticipation that I woke up this morning to get ready to go to the airporty and catch my flight to Astypalaia. I was told that it was one of the smaller islands on not really frequented by tourists. Astypalaia was suggested to me by my brother-in-law, who knows that I prefer to go where your normal tourist does not go. I flew there as the ferry service only runs on Sundays in low season. It is a lovely island with very few visitors outside of Greece. Only problem was that English was rather limited, but enough to around. I had a great time there and will go back any time.
- Pros:Quiet and quaint
- In a nutshell:the place to go when you really need to get away from it all
Watching the fishermen cleaning their nets and getting ready for the evening again was quite something to watch. I was... more travel advice
I could not help but be amazed by the speed at which the donkey transported the old lady. They side ride the donkies and... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Astypalaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The butterfly of the Aegean"
- "we were supposed to be here...."
- "Butterfly shape island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Astypalaia
- Hotels in Astypalaia
- Transportation in Astypalaia
- Nightlife in Astypalaia
- Restaurants in Astypalaia
- Shopping in Astypalaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Astypalaia
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Astypalaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Astypalaia
Photos in AstypalaiaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos