Rüdesheim am Rhein Things to Do Tips by mvtouring Top 5 Page for this destination
Rüdesheim am Rhein Things to Do: 85 reviews and 113 photos
As you walk down the river direction away from the station, you will find the Adlerturm which was once part of the old town-walls, dating back to the 15th century. The tower is 20 meters high and 5 meters wide with walls 1 meter thick.
Untill the 19th century there was a famous inn, called " zum Adler" that gave the name to the tower. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe used to sleep in this hotel during all of his many travels to Ruedesheim and liked especially the great view.Today the tower is owned by a bank and not open to the public.
Ruedesheimer Schloss is a well known hotel and restaurant in the Drosselgasse. Every hour yo can hear the chimes in the old tower playing a lovely melody, but mostly you will not be able to hear it with all the music that is blaring in every restaurant .
I loved the architecture of this place . Broemserhof is one of the castle's that you find here in Rudesheim, it dates back to the 15th century. At one time it was the castle of the knights Broemser von Ruedesheim, however today it serves as a museum of mechanical music-instruments.
As we got settled down once on the ferry from Bingen, we could not help but notice the massive statue on the hill above Ruedesheim. It was constructed 1877 –1883, and stands a massive 38 meters high.
The monument is a symbol of the re-establishment of the German Kaiser Reich after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870 – 1871 which led to the unification of Germany under Prussian hegemony as an imperial monarchy. The main sculpture is Germania. At the top you find a classical mythic female figure representing Germany. In her raised, extended right hand she holds the Imperial Crown.
You can get to the Niederwald Heights by means of walking, car, or using the cable car from either Ruedesheim or Assmannshausen. There is also the small road-train that will get you there.
At the top of Nierderwald, you can visit the eagles.
When you get to the top, you can walk over to the other side and take the cable car down to Assmannshausen. There is a number of walks you can do, or you can just relax in the forest and take in the beauty of Mother Nature
From the cable car you have a great look over the vineyards below, leading from the town all the way up to the Nierburg denkmal
One way you can get to the top of the Niederwald Monument is by cabin cable car. From the cable car you have a fantastic view over the wine growing town of Rüdesheim am Rhine.
Ain't this a great water feature? I just loved it. Right in the middle of the square.
More Reviews (19)
mvtouring's Related Pages
Rüdesheim am Rhein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice MUST SEE-TOURIST-TRAP on the Rhine"
- "On the Rhine in Rudesheim"
- "Too little time in Rüdesheim"
- "RUDESHEIM & TOURIST'S GO TOGETHER!"
- "Rūdesheim am Rhine"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Hotels in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Transportation in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Nightlife in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Restaurants in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Shopping in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Warnings and Dangers in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oneota Hotels
- Söcking Hotels
- Cody Hotels
- Kranjska Gora
- Neral Hotels
Badges & Stats in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- 36 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Rüdesheim am Rhein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Posted in Travel Cape Town Forum "Re: how to get to Wijnland Auto..."
- updated a Rüdesheim am Rhein Travelogue "Sights and sounds of the day cruise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sights and sounds of the day cruise"
- Wrote a Review Taking the train in Rüdesheim am Rhein Transportation
- Commented on one of Redlats's Rüdesheim am Rhein travel pages
Photos in Rüdesheim am RheinSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos