"Clonmacnoise" Top 5 Page for this destination Clonmacnoise by mvtouring
Clonmacnoise Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 72 photos
I saw a programme on Clonmacnoise and knew that it had to be included in our trip. I was not dissappointed even though it was one of our few rainy days in Ireland. This early Christian site was founded by Saint Ciaran in the mid 6th century on the banks of the River Shannon. The site included the ruins of a cathedral, seven churches, two round towers, three high crosses and the largest collection of Early Christian graveslabs in Ireland. The original high crosses are on display in the visitor centre on site.
I am not sure which church this one is. more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Clonmacnoise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Some great ruins along the Shannon"
- "Clonmacnoise, an early Christian site"
- "WELCOME TO MY CLONMACNOISE PAGE......:-)"
- "Celtic Ireland to the max!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clonmacnoise
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Clonmacnoise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clonmacnoise
Photos in ClonmacnoiseSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos