"Adare" Adare by mvtouring
Adare Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos
Whilst reading up on what we could do for the following day and investigating what roads to take, I came across a pamplet regarding Adare being the most beautiful town in Ireland and how the thatch roof homes were saved during the potato famine.
Historically, Adare was a crossing point on the river Maigue. Adare is designated as a Heritage Town by the Irish government and it is located 16 km from Limerick City.
The thing I read about and that I wanted to come and see. Lots of tourists around and parking is rather limited here in... more travel advice
Desmond Castle or fortress is said to have first been built by the O'Donovans, rulers of the region into the late 12th... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Adare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SMALL AND GREAT LOOKING ADARE"
- "Beautiful Village, Manor House & Golf Course"
- "Adare Trip"
- "A great deal if you don't get the car!"
- "Adare - yes it is a living postcard!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Adare
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Adare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adare
Photos in AdareSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos