"Birr" Birr by mvtouring
Birr Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 33 photos
Leaving Portumna heading towards Dublin again, our first stop was at Birr.
Birr (Biorra in Irish) is a town in the Midlands county of Offaly in Ireland. Once called Parsonstown, after the Parsons family who were local landowners and hereditary Earls of Rosse, Birr is situated at the meeting of the Camcor and Little Brosna rivers. On leaving Birr, the combined Camcor and Little Brosna rivers, now simply the River Brosna, flow into the River Shannon.
Birr is a designated Irish Heritage Town with a carefully preserved Georgian heritage. Birr itself has graceful wide streets and elegant buildings. Many of the houses in John's Place and Oxmantown Mall have exquisite fanlight windows of the Georgian period.
I did not do fishing, actually have no clue how, but I do love trout. more travel advice
I just loved these semi's, they look so inviting and cozy. more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Birr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Birr"
- "Birr, place of astronomy history"
- "Birr in the centre of Ireland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birr
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Birr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birr
Photos in BirrSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos