"Liscannor" Liscannor by mvtouring
Liscannor Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
Liscannor is a tiny fishing village standing at the end of Liscannor Bay, which we reached just before getting to the Cliffs of Moher.
Liscannor's history is steeped naval and marine importance. John P. Holland, the inventor of the submarine, was born in 1841 in this small town. Just North of this town are the majestic Cliffs of Moher, a sight not to be missed on your visit to Ireland. Located between the O'Brien's Tower and Hag's Head is the Liscannor Stone, a monument to Cornelius O'Brien MP. O'Brien compelled his tenants to pay for this monument.
Could not help thinking that this must be rock-bottom budget accommodation when staying in this luxury caravan ......... more travel advice
I was totaly intrigued by the ruins of some castle or watching post in the middle of the greens and was wondering if you... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Liscannor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the way to the Cliffs"
- "Liscannor, the last refuge"
- "Cliffs of Moher"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liscannor
- Hotels in Liscannor
- Restaurants in Liscannor
- Shopping in Liscannor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liscannor
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Liscannor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liscannor
Photos in LiscannorSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos