"Madonna di Campiglio" Madonna di Campiglio by mvtouring

Madonna di Campiglio Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 98 photos

Madonna di Campiglio

After two glorius days in Venice we were ready to go to Madonna and were extremely exited to get there. Firstly the train trip up there was very scenic, but we took the long way of getting there, but in hindsight probably the best way. Our hotelier in Venice phoned Rio False and they suggested that we take the train to Male where they would collect us. The train trip took us the following route:- Venice – Padova – Vicenza – Verona. Here we had to get off and catch the regional train going the following route:- Verona – Dolce – Caprino Veronesa- Peri-Avo-brentonico-Mori-Roverto-Trento-Lavio-Mezzo. Here we had to get off again, go to the tobacco shop and buy tickets for another regional train that would take us up into the mountains area. We had to cross the street as the other railway line was running from there. This time the train took us through Dermut – Cleo – Male. From Male we took a taxi to Rio False which cost us Euro 45. Rio False is approx 5 km from Madonna di Campiglio and being out of season no-one could speak any English. The barman could speak French and the bookkeeper could speak German, so by communication with them we were able to get the info that we needed.

• Last visit to Madonna di Campiglio: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 6, 2005

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

What to do when you come back from Italy? Read someone else's tips on Italy of course! Interesting, I think I drove past here on my second trip. CHeers.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 6:57 AM

What a complicated journey via train! Serene location and great nature scenes. How did you discover it? Paying for linens is quite unusual, indeed!

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM

how did you get there? it's not a usual place to visit for foreigner! I learned to ski there!

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 12:42 AM

Thanks for checking out my pages on Madonna. We love it there

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 4:29 AM

Very nice pictures! I hope you enjoyed Madonna.

• ChristaV's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 10:32 PM

Fantastic place, pity there was no snow. Great pic's

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Madonna di Campiglio

Have you been to Madonna di Campiglio?

Latest Activity in Madonna di Campiglio