"Clarens" Clarens by mvtouring
Clarens Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 58 photos
I have heard so much about this place, that it was about the only one I had on my itenerary for this past holiday to visit. Currently I am rediscovering my own country and want to share it with the rest of the world. Clarens is situated in the Clarens Valley is in the Eastern Free State Highlands about 20 km's from Golden Gate, 40 km’s from Bethlehem and on the Northernmost point of Lesotho. Clarens is known for its spectacular sandstone mountains and wonderful climate, it is one of the most picturesque spots in South Africa and has recently been acclaimed as having some of the best Trout Fishing waters in South Africa. Clarens is also spectacular horse riding country, a secret that seems to be well kept
You may wonder how the name of “Clarens” came into being: President Paul Kruger spent his last days as a voluntary exile in the attractive village of Clarens in Switzerland and Clarens was thus a very apt name for this mountainous village in the Eastern Free State.
Shop with a lot of potential. They sell some nice clothing, gifts etc. more travel advice
Visiting this place, you will be able to buy anything that you could possibly make from cherries or about cherries. They... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Clarens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jewel of the Free State"
- "Clarens and Golden Gate National Park"
- "Clarens: Spectacular Freestate!"
- "An oasis of art and craft ~ Clarens"
- "Quiet but lovely"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clarens
- Hotels in Clarens
- Nightlife in Clarens
- Restaurants in Clarens
- Shopping in Clarens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clarens
- 12 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Clarens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clarens
Photos in ClarensSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos