"Houtbay" Houtbaai by mvtouring
Houtbaai Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 14 photos
I love taking my guests to Houtbay. The fish they serve at the harbour is always nice and fresh. Hout Bay is a 20 minute drive from the Cape Town city centre, almost halfway between Cape Town and Cape Point. Houtbaai was named by the Dutch explorers, which literally translated means Wood Bay. The timber was used to help build Cape Town. Hout Bay was then divided up into two farms the Kronendal and Moddergat. Over time the farms were divided up however today Hout Bay still enjoys a rural atmosphere with several equestrian estates and small holdings. Hout Bay has become very popular as a seaside resort town with its unique location at the start of the Atlantic Seaboard and yet still only thirty minutes drive from most of Cape Towns top attractions. Hout Bay is recognised as one of South Africa?s leading destinations for local tourists and has become a popular place for international tourists to base their South African holiday. A growing bed and breakfast industry supports the demand from holidaymakers. Hout Bay real estate now includes holiday accommodation, family homes ranging from apartments to seaview properties in security estates.
My friend held her 50th birthday bash here. We were all extremely impressed with the food that was served. Very tasty... more travel advice
Cape Point is situated within the Southern section of Table Mountain National Park, the Cape of Good Hope entrance.... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Houtbaai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sea, the mountains and the boats"
- "A quiet town"
- "The Republic of Houtbaai"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houtbaai
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Houtbaai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houtbaai
Photos in HoutbaaiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos