"Kimberley" Top 5 Page for this destination Kimberley by mvtouring
Kimberley Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 72 photos
Kimberley is known for its big manmade hole, and the capital of the Northern Cape. It is located near Douglas where you will find the confluence of the Vaal and Orange Rivers. The town has considerable historical significance due its diamond mining past and siege during the Second Boer War. Notable personalities such as Cecil Rhodes made their fortune here and the roots of the De Beers corporation can also be traced to the early days of the mining town.
This is the only hotel in South Africa where they will serve you with a beer outside the hotel whilst on horseback. The... more travel advice
The "Big Hole" was mined to a depth of about 800m [2625 feet] (depth of shaft = 1100m [3610 feet]). The distance from... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Kimberley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A cracking good day out in Kimberley!"
- "THE CAPITAL OF THE NORTH CAPE"
- "Kimberley and the Big Hole"
- "Stopover in Kimberley"
- "The Big Hole"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kimberley
- Hotels in Kimberley
- Transportation in Kimberley
- Restaurants in Kimberley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimberley
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Kimberley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimberley
Photos in KimberleySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos