"McGregor - a place where time stood still" McGregor by mvtouring
McGregor Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 29 photos
We have talked about visiting this place for years, and at the end of every year we say ............. never got to McGregor this year, must do it next year. So it was that I decided enough is enough, the time has come to get into my car and visit this village that everone talks about so much. It is truely one of the jewels of South Africa. The village of McGregor has been described as "the best preserved and most complete example of mid-nineteenth century townscape in the Cape Province".
Its mild climate makes it one of the most delightful places to spend time during the southern hemisphere's "cold" months. Mainly dry, and generally balmy, McGregor's winters are charming. And in summer, the constant sunshine makes McGregor a great place to visit for a taste of African heat .
That's McGregor, with its traditional, whitewashed, thatched cottages, its quiet streets, mountains, birdlife, wine, charming and balmy winters, and hot, hot summers.
McGregor is also well known for being a holistic healing village. McGregor's important position as as one of the sacred sites of Southern Africa, with converging ley lines resulting in a high level of natural energy might be the reason why so many natural healers have moved here.
Situated at the donkey sanctuary, this place provides the ideal opportunity to just sit back and relax and enjoy the... more travel advice
The mission of Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary in the Western Cape, South Africa, is to provide care for abused, neglected... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
McGregor Travel Guide
- Things to Do in McGregor
- Hotels in McGregor
- Transportation in McGregor
- Restaurants in McGregor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in McGregor
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to McGregor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in McGregor
Photos in McGregorSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos