"Oudtshoorn" Oudtshoorn by mvtouring
Oudtshoorn Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 234 photos
A place known to many of us Afrikaans speaking people, due to the annual KKNK festival being held there. Oudtshoorn is the ostrich capital of the world. Here ostriches are found in great numbers and the region produces the best feathers, leather products and ostrich meat world wide. But the world’s biggest bird is just one of the many attractions in this area of interesting contrasts.
This town is the commercial hub of the greater Klein Karoo region and is situated in a beautiful valley between the Outeniqua- and Swartberg Mountains.
The Cango Caves are the oldest and one of the most popular attractions in our region. It is also one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Several ostrich show farms offer entertaining daily tours and demonstrations during which one can learn about the history and use of these birds, their life cycle and about how they are farmed. Curio shops on the farms and in Oudtshoorn specialise in the finest ostrich leather, ostrich meat and ostrich feather products.
Early 20th century sandstone mill,lovingly and appositely restored to a bygone splendor,with its sunny wrap around... more travel advice
Mr Price is a clothing/home furnishing store where you can get some real nice things at very affordable prices. more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Oudtshoorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oudtshoorn - the ostrich capital"
- "Oudtshoorn - The Ostrich Capital"
- "Oudtshoorn - The Ostrich Capital of the World"
- "Oudtshoorn is more then ostriches."
- "The Cango Caves"
- "Ostriches, camels and caves!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oudtshoorn
- Hotels in Oudtshoorn
- Transportation in Oudtshoorn
- Nightlife in Oudtshoorn
- Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
- Shopping in Oudtshoorn
- Warnings and Dangers in Oudtshoorn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oudtshoorn
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Oudtshoorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oudtshoorn
Photos in OudtshoornSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Oudtshoorn hotel reviews
- Protea Hotel Riempie Estate
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Oudtshoorn Hotel And Resort
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- De Oude Meul Country Lodge
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013
- Kleinplaas Holiday Resort
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- The Barons Palace
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 19, 2011
- Queens Hotel
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Adley House
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 3, 2013
- Backpackers Paradise & Joyrides
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013