"Paarl" Top 5 Page for this destination Paarl by mvtouring
Paarl Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 87 photos
Paarl proudly bears the title of the third-oldest town in South Africa. Standing tall on Paarl Mountain and celebrating the birth of Afrikaans is the Afrikaans Language Monument and just outside Paarl is Drakenstein Prison, where Nelson Mandela spent his last years of captivity and started his walk to freedom
Simply a 40-minute drive outside Cape Town, at the foot of the second-largest granite outcrop in the world, you?ll find an unexpected jewel: the scenic town of Paarl.
The scenic beauty of the Paarl Valley compels visitors to get in the car and drive along the many scenic routes in the valley and along the surrounding mountains. The richness in fauna and flora even attracted the attention of Charles Darwin, father of the theory of evolution, when he visited Paarl in 1836
It is worth driving up du Toiskloof pass to get the view from up there over Paarl more travel advice
Santé Winelands Hotel & Wellness Centre, situated in the Winelands of the Fairest Cape. Flanked by the majestic... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Paarl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paarl ( meaning pearl)"
- "Plenty to like about the Pearl of the Winelands"
- "a short drive from Cape Town is PAARL"
- "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- "Paarl and the Winelands"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paarl
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Paarl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paarl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos