"Stellenbosch" Top 5 Page for this destination Stellenbosch by mvtouring
Stellenbosch Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 267 photos
The heart of South Africa's wine industry, Stellenbosch is a place of great beauty and culture that's steeped in South African tradition.
The Stellenbosch Wine Route is arguably the country's most famous, and the Stellenbosch Wine of Origin area includes 106 cellars - most of which are open to the public. Enjoy a long day's wine tasting, and wine buying and you'll sip more than our great South African wines - you'll taste our South African way of life.
The heart of the town lies somewhere near the oak-lined Dorp Street. With its venerable old buildings, this is the University's main thoroughfare, where modern student life sits comfortably side by side with our history and architectural heritage.
An important cultural centre, Stellenbosch has many galleries and museums housing important national and international art collections and the Stellenbosch Conservatoire is the country's oldest music school
My old alma mater Maties - this university has produced many of the country's great sporting heroes, including more than 155 rugby Springboks. Its Medical School is world renowed.
Several Hiking trails within the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve tempt the hiker: they range from an easy 5,3 km scenic walk to the challenging 17.1 km Panorama Trail and the 18 km Swartboskloof Trail. Visit Granny's Forest at Helderberg Farm for easy walking - they also offer various other trails and an overnight hut. The full-day Vineyard Hiking Trail is best enjoyed in autumn or spring; it's 24 km long that starts on the slopes of the Papegaaiberg, above the Oude Libertas Centre and meanders through the forest plantations, vineyards, olive groves and coastal renosterveld
Kleine Salze is not really a hotel nor a B&B. The rooms are absolutely fantastic, yes they are expensive, but you get... more travel advice
During strawberry season time, a visit to this farm is an absolute must. Every year they have a new theme. You can pick... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Stellenbosch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Van der Stel's forest"
- "Stellenbosch: history, wine, and more ..."
- "Wine and more wine"
- "The Oak City"
- "STELLENBOSCH - PICTURE POSTCARD PERFECT!"
- "Cape Wineries"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stellenbosch
- Hotels in Stellenbosch
- Restaurants in Stellenbosch
- Shopping in Stellenbosch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stellenbosch
- 18 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Stellenbosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stellenbosch
Photos in StellenboschSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos